Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beach Walks

While exploring Carmel, my daughter and I came upon the beautiful blue Carmel River which flows down into the Pacific Ocean.  It is a delightful area in which the kids can play and very well hidden with extremely limited parking. 


Another day we took a walk on the walking bike path. That's my grandson Sean, granddaughters Rachael and Naomi getting sand in every nook and crevice to take home. Naomi even had a sand ring just inside the rim of her diaper.  Perhaps, if my daughter dressed Naomi in dresses more often, she would look more like a girl but who is going to put a little boy in purple and pink Crocs? 

I have never seen an 18-month old toddler walk up and down stairs by herself before;  she wants to do everything that her brother and sister does. She just balances herself on the wall below the railing using those short little legs to step up one at a time - all 35 steps. I began to count each step as we walked down together every day and by golly, she was saying one, two, three with two being the easier word because she knows shoes really well.  She loves to go in the car and puts on those colorful Crocs all by herself.

It always seems to be windy by the ocean; this was our view as we walked on a biking trail of asphalt even with a line going down the middle so that you wouldn't get run over by bikers, skate boarders and strollers. A flock of pelicans flew by us but I was not fast enough to get a photo of them. 

5 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Gorgeous views!
I love the name Naomi, it's my aunt's name and I've always loved it.
Jane x

Paulette said...

Beautiful photos of the river and blue skies. I have never had the good fortune of traveling to California, it looks like a very beautiful place.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my, Ruth! Those photos are stunning! I love all of them, and of course the family, but that last pic is just gorgeous! I want to go there. :-)

Rosie said...

What lovely beach photos - looks like you all had great fun:)

Jo said...

What a beautiful place. Looks like the kids are enjoying themselves.

01 09 10