Monday, April 23, 2012

First Things FIrst

 I was told to have
an oil heater installed
on the engine of
my car.

The very first time I
forgot to plug in my
car at night, my
car wouldn't start.
also had to remember 
to plugin
my car at work especially
when it was 40 below.
Westward view from my
apartment looking
at my car.

The first time a
woman propped
down $400 cash
and asked for an 
abortion at
the clinic,
shocked me.

My friend Kelly took
me to a stock car race 
in Fairbanks (now called 
Thunder on the Tundra).
Every time the cars came
by, a ton and I mean a
ton of dirt came
flying our way.

It was Sunday and I
had to drive 8 hours
back to Anchorage covered
with grimy gritty sandy
dirt. It was in my hair,
on my face, in every
crevice and pore.


And did I say that
I never ever had
the urge to go to
a stock car race
on a dirt track again?

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I used to date a boy that ran those dirt stock car races! It was always a messy, gritty affair. I am loving your stories.

I can't imagine someone walking in and plunking down $400. for an abortion....so sad! xo Diana

Do you know that you have double word verification on..and it stops many people from leaving comments at all? If you want to take it off let me know and I will email you the instructions. It is very easy to get it off.

Paulette said...

You sure have had some life experiences. Love the stories.

Cranberry Morning said...

Haha. What great memories it made though, huh! Fun to hear these stories, Ruth. When I read the 40 degrees below zero, I shivered. We get that here occasionally and it's one of the reasons I'm so glad we're into springtime now. :-)

NanaDiana said...

Just checking to see if the word verifier worked-xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

It's off! Perfect job, Ruthie! xo Diana

Jan said...

Hmm.. It's amazing what blokes will talk us girls into doing... I have similar memories of watching dirt bikes and getting covered in a thick film of dust! Jx

01 09 10