Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Old West in Idaho

Grandpa used to sing a song about Idaho which has gone the way of unknown songs of an older generation - they are lost.

 These characters lived in a small farming ranching community called Almo, Idaho.

I am probably related to at least one of them but I haven't a clue which one. My guess is the tall fellow in the middle who looks the most normal.
Vern Eames, Jack Hitt and Chris Hansen, circal 1930
Jack Hitt was famous, for what I am not sure.  I know that there is an American author who was controversial but I am not sure that it is the same person.

I have no idea where this photo was taken but I would guess that it is someplace in the west - not Idaho because there are no bridges that big in Idaho that I know of and they were all on a trip somewhere in America.

1 comment:

Jil Casey said...

I like these old b/w photos, the first one is a hoot!

01 09 10