Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Very very pale


Very very pale - that is what I first thought when I saw this carrot that I pulled out from a full bag of orange carrots yesterday.  In fact, it was not just pale but yellow.  It smelled like a carrot. I have never seen a yellow carrot but to my other shock and amazement, there it was.  My first thought was to through it away.  Then I looked on the internet and found that there are many colors of carrots including a deep red and a purple and that the yellow carrot has been around since the 11th century.  Who would have known?  Not me. Would you dare to taste one?  I am still deciding.

Mother nature has lots of surprises for us.

I have two Very pale pink flying pigs which I turned into earrings.  They are cute!

2 comments:

J.L. Campbell said...

Love the earrings!
Never seen a carrot any other shade but orange. I do agree that nature always has some interesting surprizes.

Ruth Kelly said...

I sold the little pig earrings today before I ever put them on my Etsy Shop. They were so cute!

01 09 10