Friday, May 13, 2011

Silver Corvette

I saw one on the freeway yesterday and wanted to blog about it but blogger was down and it looks like the last blog I did was lost. 

It was 1955 when I first saw a Corvette in Waukegan, Illinois.  I was staying in North Chicago visiting my grandma Stella and my dad Dick.  My great Aunt Vic lived in the family home with my grandmother and my father.  My brother Fred and I were there for the summer.  That was when I fell in love with a Corvette - I was pretty young then but it stayed with me.  I wanted to write songs and was all too over impressed with the young men in Naval uniforms.   

I wrote in my mind "Help me please, I'm a stranger in Sailor town. I don't know my way around - just a stranger in Sailor town.

As I grew older, I was finally able to drive a Corvette and I tested it to the limit because I drove it going 120 miles an hour.  Talk about exhilarating.  It was the ultimate.  The problem is insurance costs too much and the car itself is very pricey - I've never been rich enough to buy one.

This looks exactly like the one that I drove.

I gotta say that the above car is ridiculous.

No comments:

01 09 10