Sunday, May 15, 2011

Favorite Hymn "Because I Have Been Given Much"

Because I have been given much, I too must give;
Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from thee With every brother that I see Who has the need of help from me.


By the time we sing the second verse I am usually in tears and can't sing but it is still my favorite hymn.


Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care
I cannot see another's lack and I not share
My glowing fire my loaf of bread, My roof's safe shelter overhead, That he too may be comforted.


St. Mark 10: 18 - And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one that is God.


I learned that in a wall in Jerusalem that getting a camel to go through the eye of a needle is quite a partaking: The camel must be completely unloaded of everything and then he must kneel to be able to go through the eye of the needle gate.


All of the below are supposed to be the "eye of the needle":









No comments:

01 09 10