Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Top of Ireland

Easter Sunday was the day we viewed one of the wonders of the world - the Giant's Causeway. It was spectacular and very windy. It was a very unusual Easter for us. We attended church in one of the smallest churches I have ever been in. My daughter gave me a Cadbury egg that she purchased from a chocolate store in Dublin.  I bought her a couple of chocolate eggs there too.


Next, we stopped at Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.  It was a good stretch of the legs and more. After we got there, there was a long que.  One person in front of us was talking about how there had been 7 people who had plunged to their death on this wobbly bridge last year. I was exhausted by the time we got to the bridge and when I found out that you had to climb down a ladder to go onto the bridge, I nixed it.  There was no way I was going to walk on that bridge. It swung in the wind and it was too flippin dangerous. 


This stunning bridge is a mecca for people who put their nerves to the test.  It is bounded by green hills and steep cliffs plunging into the deep blue Atlantic Ocean.  Originally, it was constructed by local fishermen in the 1600s; now it is maintained by a conservation charity.





No comments:

01 09 10